What Is Chiropractic?
The word chiropractic means “done by hand”. The art of chiropractic was invented in 1895 by David Daniel Palmer of Iowa. DD Palmer’s Procedure, known today as spinal manipulation, is a maneuvering or aligning of the spinal column in order to get pressure off the joints, nerves, and discs. Doing this gives the body a better ability to heal itself.
Chiropractic care is non-invasive and is based on proven, scientific approaches to a wide variety of ailments. The chiropractic profession is driven by the fundamental belief and trust in the body’s self healing capability and natural conservative methods of health care. Doctors of chiropractic believe that if the interference is removed, the human body can cure itself in many cases of disorder. Doctors of chiropractic are involved in a total wellness approach to caring for patients suffering from headaches, back pain, disc injuries, asthma, allergies, neck pain, digestive distress, osteoarthritis, sprains / strains, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and many other disorders.
Dr. Gallagher’s Recommended Reading List:
- Beating the Food Giants by Paul Stitt
- The Empty Harvest by Bernard Jensen & Mark Anderson
- Dr. Bob’s Guide to Stop ADHD in 18 Days by Dr. Bob DeMaria
- The Sanctity of Human Blood : Vaccination is not Imunization (the history and research on vaccinations) by Dr. Tim O’Shea
- Politics in Healing by Daniel Haley
These books can easily be ordered through www.amazon.com.